Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Journal #7

        My daddy had told me I could be anything he once said I could jump to the moon if I wish hard enough. My daddy is really strong he can lift up my mom and spin her around and they laugh for hours. My daddy told me not to put things in the toaster that are not bread. I'm a big girl and I know not to put things that are not bread in there.Every night my daddy tucks me in and kisses me in the forehead and says good night princess. Every Saturday he would take to the pond to catch fishes. He says I can't use the big pole by myself yet because I'm not big but he lets me hold it and helps with it. He catch a lot of fish and he tells me it's because I'm his lucky charm, I don't know why daddy called me cereal but I kissed him in the cheek and called him silly. 
      One day daddy wasn't there when I woke up and when I went to sleep he didn't tuck me in. Mommy said he had to do something very important and I asked her if he was jumping to the moon and she smiled. All day I sit and wait even when Mommy is teaching me things I look and look at the door. Every day I make daddy toast and I put it on a plate with a flower on it. Mommy touched it one day and I said don't touch it daddy will come. The flower changed a different color so mommy threw it away and so did the bread. A lot of time passes by and I don't see daddy. I wait and wait but he don't come. I don't leave the door because I want to hug him when he comes in. Mommy cries a lot but I don't cry I tell her don't cry mommy daddy is gonna come back and she cries still so I call her baby! 
      Another day I color a picture for Mommy so she doesn't cry. I color daddy and mommy laughing and spinning and she cries, I tell her not to cry because I don't cry and she smiles. I don't know why she cries so much and I think my drawing is bad but she says its good and hangs it up by the toaster. One day I hear a knock on the door and I run for it I jump and jump calling Mommy! Mommy! and she opens it. A man comes in with daddy's shoes and a flag and Mommy starts to cry. I don't know why she cries but I tell her don't cry that the next time it will be daddy but she doesn't listen to me.She tells me to remember daddy and I say cross my heart. I ask the man where is daddy? why does he not call me? Is he coming back? And he says "he told me to tell you he jumped to the moon". 

No comments:

Post a Comment